Superb Gifts For A Car Lovers
Whether you take long car journeys or drive to and from work on a daily basis, plenty of people spend a lot of time on the road. After all, your home might be your castle but your car is your home away from home. Because of that, it’s important to get the environment just to your liking – and car lovers can customize everything from the wheels to the seating to the dash, to make their vehicle perfect for them. Indeed, considering just how passionate many people are about their ride, car gifts can be a great way of showing thoughtfulness and adding a little something for the recipient’s mobile environment.
Even if they see their car as just a means of transport rather than an end in itself, great car gifts can make cross-country roadtrips and the daily commute all the more bearable – so are just the thing for colleagues and family. If you’re not a gearhead yourself, though, it can be tough to pick out the right gift for the car lover in your life. Here are some car gift ideas to give you a little inspiration and put you in the fast lane to choosing the perfect present.
Our Top Gifts For Car Lovers:
Tire Snack Bowl
Be the star in your office with this tire-themed snack bowl from Wrenchware. You get amazing chrome mags complete with knobby and deep-treaded tires to provide a spacious cavern for your soups, salads, and snacks. Everyone will be gawking at how ingenious and superbly realistic your tire snack bowl is.
Bring a smile to your car-loving friend every time he or she has his or her meals with this silverware set that’s designed to mimic a car mechanic’s tools. These may look like tools from your garage but they make for excellent utensils to drive home the food towards your stomach.
Racing Office Chair
Add some racing-inspired element in your workplace with this elegantly-designed office chair that is styled after the iconic bucket seats of famous race cars. It’s fully ergonomic so your lower back won’t be aching after spending the whole day sitting on the Belleze. The casters ensure easy glide across any surface, too.
Mechanic's Tool Set with Hard Case
Every car owner must have basic knowledge of simple car maintenance and repair procedures. Now you may know everything, but if you don’t have the correct tools, then everything will be for naught. That’s why it’s imperative that you get your hands on the 200-piece Kobalt mechanic’s tool set.
Engine Block Coffee Table
Surprise your loved one with this beautiful coffee table that features an OEM engine block as its base supporting a thick and sturdy table top made of premium glass. It’s going to be the talk of the town as everyone will simply have their eyes glued to how marvelous the engine block looks.
niversal Leather Car Seat Covers
Give your car the kind of luxurious appeal that it deserves with this 11-piece leather car seat cover from Zone Tech. Each piece is carefully designed for maximum protection against dirt, sweat, spills, and moisture as well as other unpleasant things. Installing these neat-looking seat covers is a breeze, too.
Dash Cam for Cars with Night Vision
Every motorist today relies on excellent video recording capabilities of dash cams. The Lecmal is an exceptional dash cam that incorporates a 270-degree rotating camera that gives a superb 120-degree field of view. It also features seamless video recording in full HD quality as well as night vision capability.
Mobile Phone Car Mount
Don’t you just wish you had a smartphone car mount that will never fail in securing your mobile device regardless of how bumpy the ride can be? Well, with this car mount from Pop Tech, you can easily mount it on your dashboard and never have to worry about your smartphone ever falling again.
Car Snack Tray
Serve your favorite meals to your favorite passenger on this unique meal and snack tray from Zone Tech. It comes with 2 cup holders, a superbly flat surface, and an enclosed pocket to keep all of the things that you or your passenger will need for a sumptuous meal or snack.
Universal Car Mount Accessories Pack
There are a lot of accessories that car lovers can put into their cars to augment or even improve the overall driving experience. With these car mount accessories from Pop Tech, you are receiving an impressive array of items that will make the mounting of any accessory in your car a breeze.
Car Swivel Tray and Storage Bin
It’s time to put a personal server in your car’s interior with this unique gadget from Zone Tech. The car swivel tray has a textured, non-skid base that easily fits into most cup holders. The tray can then be swiveled in full 360 degrees to allow instant access to your most-oft used items.
Car Mount Holder for Smartphones
Don’t let your smartphones fall from your dashboard because of some flimsy attachments called phone mounts. Instead, use the power of neodymium magnets to keep your smartphone fully secure. The MagGrip from TechMatte can be easily mounted onto the air vents of your car to serve as a solid base for your smartphones.
Car Garbage Can
Keep your car’s interior looking tidy and pristine with this superbly versatile garbage can from Drive Auto. This container is so versatile that it can even function as a soft cooler to keep your travel beverages in their ideal temperatures. It can also serve as a storage compartment for other stuff.
TFT Roof Mount Monitor and IR Transmitter
With a 4:3 display format, this 14-inch roof-mounted full color, high resolution monitor can turn any vehicle into a fantastic mobile entertainment center. The screen comes with a built-in infrared transmitter that works well with IR headphones. It has wireless remote control capabilities and a 45-degree swivel screen design.
Waterproof Roof Top Cargo Bag
The Keeper is a fantastic gift for car owners that love putting cargo on top of their car’s roof. It essentially extends the cargo space of any vehicle by effectively providing waterproof cover that protects cargo from the rain, UV rays, wind, and road grit. The Keeper flexes easily for superb fit.
Personal Fridge/Warmer - 7L Capacity
Wouldn’t it be cool to have your own personal ref in your center console? A cold bottle of soda is never too far with the Wagan. Its 7-liter capacity can hold beverages for 9 people. It’s super-portable, too. Once unplugged from the 12v outlet, it maintains the temperature for a good 2 hours.
Turn your windshield into a sophisticated heads-up-display unit for your car complete with all the information you’ll need from navigation maps and other essential pieces of information. Connect it to your smartphone and you can access calls, messages, and even music straight from the HUD with a simple hand gesture.
Vibration Massage Seat Cushion with Heat
If you’re in front of your steering wheel for several hours a day, you definitely will need this massage seat cushion from Five Star Five S. It has 10 vibrating motors that specifically targets 4 areas of your back that are prone to muscle strain. It’s great for home and office use, too.
Car Audio Powered Subwoofer System
Every car enthusiasts knows that a car without a pumped-up sound system is simply a mediocre one. With JBL’s excellent reputation in car audio systems, this subwoofer is sure to provide you with intensely deep bass to create a more enriching, livelier music listening while you’re cruising on your car.
Ferrari Enzo for iPod
Whether it’s for you or for your kiddo, this Ferrari Enzo is pure joy to drive. You don’t have to be a multi-millionaire to own this baby as it’s only a remote control version of the real thing. Best of all, you get to use your iPhone or iPod Touch to control the Enzo.
All Season Rubber Floor Mat
Protect your car’s flooring or even carpeting with these super tough, super durable, and highly customized all-season, fully rubberized car floor mat. Each one features an anti-slip backing to help secure it in place. It’s also been fully designed to be trimmed to fit well into your vehicle’s floor.
Speedometer & Fuel Gauge Cufflinks
Gifts for car lovers don’t have to be huge. As long as you can venerate their passion for these wheeled wonders, then it should be fine. Just take a look at these wonderful cufflinks designed as a fuel gauge and speedometer. There’s no doubt whoever’s wearing these are greatly fascinated with cars.
Dual USB Car Charger
With a variety of technologies like VoltageBoost, MultiProtect, and PowerIQ beefing up the charging prowess of the Anker, this is clearly the best gift for a car lover, especially someone who has quite a variety of USB smart and mobile devices that need some powering up while on the go.
LEGO TECHNIC Porsche
It’s never too early to get kids fascinated with cars. The Lego Technic Porsche 911 doesn’t only nurture their interest in cars; this 2704-piece building set can also help them further develop their divergent and critical thinking capabilities while harnessing their finger dexterity. It’s the Porsche your kid will build for himself or herself.
Meguiar's Complete Car Care Kit
When it comes to car care, one of the brands that you can truly depend on is Meguiar. And with their complete car care kit, you get 12 of Meguiar’s trusted and proven car care products that include shampoo and conditioner, quick detailer, liquid wax, interior detailer, ScratchX 2.0, and many more.
Heated Smart Travel Mug
Enjoy a cup of hot coffee even while you’re driving. Simply plug this leak-proof stainless steel travel mug into your car’s cigarette light adapter and you’ve got instant brew wherever you are. It has temperature control settings to afford you the option of choosing the correct temperature of your drink.
Mini Car Dash Cam Recorder
Install a third eye on your vehicle to improve your driving safety. With the Goluk’s sleek and sophisticated design, you’re guaranteed superb night vision, excellent motion detection, and unparalleled parking assistance. The Goluk comes with full HD 1080p video recording that you can wirelessly manage with your mobile devices.
Hot Wheels Display Case Cabinet
Collectors of Matchbox or Hot Wheels die cast cars have all the right reasons to rejoice. They don’t have to store their collection on some old toy box anymore. It’s the time to bring them all out, clean, and display in their entire splendor in this wonderfully-crafted solid beech hardwood display case.
Car Seat Gap Filler
Optimize every space inside your car to help keep things tidy and add a new dimensionality to your car’s interior. With the Drop Seat no longer will you fret over dropped coins, gadgets, tickets, and many other things in the space between your seat and your car’s center console.
Visual History of the Automobile Book
Car fanatics will love reading and being mesmerized with the wide variety of cars that are presented in this informative and colorful book, designed especially to tell the story of our wheeled homes. From the drawing board to the showroom and eventually right in our garages, these cars have lots of stories to tell.
Simple car maintenance tips to take care of your ride
Taking care of your car is important. Indeed, while your body might be your temple, your car will have you hurtling down the highway at a full 70 mph – so making sure that it’s in a good state of repair is critical to keeping you and your passengers comfortable and safe. If you don’t then you could be left waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck to pick you up – or, in a worst case scenario, something much, much worse could happen.
That said, taking care of your car will also extend its life on the road, meaning you can stave off upgrades while continuing to drive – potentially saving you thousands of dollars. Here are some simple tips on how to take better care of your car.
– Check on your tires. If they aren’t fully inflated then it may well be worth topping them up at a gas station. Partially deflated tires will actually wear more quickly, will put your engine under more strain and will use up more fuel. If it’s a persistent problem, though, and the tread is wearing thin or there are cuts or damage, then you’ll need to get the tires replaced sooner than later. Also, don’t forget to check your spare. If it’s a dud, or you’re not carrying a wheel and a jack, then it’s as good as useless.
– Keep an eye on your wipers. While they will only need changing occasionally, if they are damaged or begin sticking then you could be in big trouble if they break during a rainstorm. It might be just a small piece of plastic, but if you can’t see out of your windscreen then you’re putting your life and the lives of others in danger by continuing to drive. And, while it might seem obvious, if there are any chips or marks on your windscreen, then pay attention as they might easily grow into larger cracks when put under pressure – potentially even shattering the entire piece of glass.
– You don’t have to be a mechanic to check the fluid levels in the engine, so do so on a regular basis. Making sure that everything is in order, particularly before heading out on a long journey, could prevent a major headache and could even save you from a breakdown. Regularly changing your oil will add years to the life of your engine. It’s also worth changing the filter, to make sure you have the most effective filter in place and to get rid of clogged dirt. Additionally, sticking to one brand of oil will also ensure that you get consistent quality, rather than receiving unexpected ups and downs.
– With your head under the hood, you can also look out for any wear and tear on the belts – and if there’s anything that looks like a real problem, you can take it into the shop for a thorough checkover.
– It can be difficult to know from the driver’s seat whether all your lights are in working order. Because of that, it’s important to occasionally get out of your vehicle while parked and check, making sure that your indicators, brake lights and reverse lights are all in good working order. You don’t want to find out that your indicators aren’t working by having another vehicle crash into you at speed.
– You probably don’t need any persuading to keep your brakes in good order, though. If you notice noise or vibrations, or find your brakes are unresponsive, then you should have them checked out as soon as possible.
– Regularly washing your car will also help you keep an eye out for scratches and damage to the bodywork. It’s worth getting it done professionally, though, as doing it yourself can eventually leave shallow scratches in the paintwork. Additionally, occasional waxing will protect your vehicle from oxidation in the longterm.
– Dump your junk – if you’re driving around with tons of garbage in your car then it’ll eventually begin to weigh you down and reduce your fuel economy. While that doesn’t necessarily need to translate into keeping your car perfectly neat and tidy, at the very least take the dumbbells out of the trunk. After all, in the event of an accident you definitely don’t want unsecured weightlifting equipment flying past you.
– Even if you don’t much like your car, at the very least make sure to run the engine at least every month or two. If you don’t, then the engine is likely to stiffen up while the fuel lines go stale – and you may find that the battery has died on you.
– Perhaps most importantly, if something seems wrong, check it out. Something might just seem like an annoying rattle, but if there’s a loose part then it will only continue to cause more damage until you have it fixed – and you don’t want to find out that something that seemed like an annoyance has turned into an all-out technical failure while on a cross-country roadtrip.
If you follow these easy tips then your car should stay in tip top shape for that extra mile, driving better for longer, while being safer all the while. Some of the best gift ideas for car lovers, meanwhile, will help them take care of their vehicle – or perhaps help them navigate or keep things tidy. At the end of the day though, your car is a big part of your life, so anything you can do to improve the driving experience is likely to be warmly appreciated.