Almost everyone consider the sense of vision as one of the most important senses. It allows us to see clearly just how beautiful our world really is. It also helps us communicate and even get an idea of what another person is thinking just by looking at his or her behavior. Unfortunately, our eyes are also one of the most vulnerable organs that are affected by the elements. Separated only by a very thin layer of membrane underneath a fold of skin that closes every time we blink, our eyes need all the protection it can get to help ensure its optimum functioning. While eyeglasses can help protect our eyes from dust, these cannot protect our eyes from the glare of the sun. We can have sunglasses but not everyone likes wearing glasses. A better solution is to use sun visors. And for that, our 20 cool visors in 2017 should help you choose a more suitable portable shade for your eyes this summer or any time of the year.
20 Seriously Cool Visors In 2017
- Adidas Men’s Adizero Visor
- 2XU Run Visor
- Hawaiian Pattern Visor
- Nike Golf Dri-FIT Swoosh Visor
- Adult Athletic Mesh Visor Black
- USA Flag Visor-USA Star Stripe
- MG Women’s Piping Clip On Visor
- Under Armour Women’s Fly Fast Visor
- Under Armour Men’s Shadow Visor 3.0
- Scala Women’s Big Brim Cotton Visor
- Straw Clip On-Leopard Visor
- Extra Wide Brim Cloth Visor w/ Velcro
- Costa Del Mar Cotton Visor
- NikeCourt Featherlight Tennis Visor
- Women’s Clip On Brim Visor White
- Adidas Golf Tour Visor
- Toyoil Neoprene Sun visor (Pink / Sky)
- Smiffy’s Men’s Poker Visor
- Scala Women’s Sewn Braid Visor
How We Chose the Most Amazing Sun Visors in Our List
Choosing a sun visor cap is like choosing a hat. It all depends on one’s personal tastes of what can be considered fashionable and stylish. However, because visors are inherently designed to provide shade to the upper half of the face, protecting the eyes from the intense glare of the sun and improve optimum visibility even in brightly lit environments, it was crucial for us to look at just how well these products can provide such benefit. If it has a rather narrow bill, then there’s a strong chance that it will not be able to provide the protective shading that we are all looking for. Obviously, the larger the bill, the better it should be in shading us from glare and intense heat of the sun. Add to this the type of material that’s used in UV protection.
We then looked at the material that was used in the design of the side panels. We know that majority of individuals who use these types of headwear lead very active lifestyles. As such, perspiration is a major issue. The side panels or bands had to be made of absorbent material to help prevent sweat or perspiration from dripping down your face. For those who use them as fashion accessories, we had to look at the features that really make it stylish and fashionable.
Regrettably, even after meticulous evaluation of these qualities, we still ended up with quite a great number of potential contenders in the top 20 list. We thus, considered the visor hats’ product rating on some of the world’s foremost online commerce sites. At any rate, we know that a 4.0 star minimum rating should suffice to give you the confidence about a product’s “cool” or “wow” factor. The feedbacks also provide the necessary validation of our evaluation.
Things You Need to Consider in Getting the Right Visor
There are many reasons why you need a visor whenever you’re going to go out under the sun. Let’s just say it’s like putting on a sunblock but only on your head. And while there are many guides to buying a cool visor, what is more important is to understand the things that you will need to consider in choosing the perfect sun hat.
- Purpose – Always choose a hat that is designed for a particular purpose. Don’t get a hat intended for sporting events when you want to use it during your travels. As a cardinal rule you need to be clear about the activity that you’re going to engage in.
- Size of brim – At the very minimum, you should have a bill or brim size of 3 inches. This is because the intensity of the sun’s UV rays generally changes throughout the day. While a 3 inch brim may shield you in the morning, it may fail you in the afternoon.
- Shape of brim – Choose hats with curved down brims. This helps provide a far better protection for your face. It is also important to note that if you have damaged hair or even dyed hair, it is best to steer clear of visors.
- Visor material – Visors typically come in synthetic and natural materials. Regardless of the material used, it is imperative that it does not allow UV rays to pass through. This is particularly important in straw hats. These need to be tightly woven.
The Bottom Line
Visors protect the face against the harsh rays of the sun. More importantly, the eyes are also protected from the excessive glare. With these 20 cool visors in 2017, you’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor activities a lot better.