It is definitely easier to travel nowadays. Airplane fares continue to drop as a result of fierce competition, albeit at the cost of comfort and convenience. Of course, you can always choose to go first class all the way and still pay significantly cheaper than it was a few decades ago. Travel time is also faster, thanks to advances in aeronautical design making more lightweight yet tougher aircraft frames and improving flight efficiency. Almost every other country is opening its doors to international travels, too, wanting to showcase what they have to offer. Even once-reclusive regimes are slowly opening up their immigration counters for the whole world to peek in. In a gist, traveling has become very easy, comfortable, and almost hassle-free. To really make each trip as memorable as possible, we strongly advise getting any of these 20 cool gifts for people who travel in 2017. These travel related gifts should give you or someone you know a headstart.
20 Gifts for People Who Travel in 2017
- By Patricia Schultz 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
- Travelrest – Ultimate Travel Pillow / Neck Pillow
- Zero Grid Neck Wallet w/RFID Blocking
- DOSS Touch Wireless Bluetooth V4.0 Portable Speaker with HD Sound and Bass
- Nomader BPA Free Collapsible Sports Water Bottle
- PRO Packing Cubes – 4 Pc Lightweight Travel Packing Cube Set
- Portable Charger RAVPower 22000mAh Battery
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple Devices
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-Inch Laptop
- TSA Approved Clear Travel Toiletry Bag
- iPhone Camera Lens, Badalink 2 in 1
- Microfiber Travel Towel by ECOdept
- Scrubba Portable Laundry System Wash Bag
- Zipper Pocket Refill For Traveler’s Diary
- BUBM Double Layer Travel Gear Organizer
- Nite Ize Original Gear Tie
- Go Girl Female Urination Device
- Kindle Paperwhite E-reader
- Legit Camping – Double Hammock
- Shacke Pak
How We Chose the Best Gifts for Today’s Travelers in Our List
Traveling is like going on a hike or walking on a trail. As such, you simply will never know what will happen at any point in your journey even before you reach your destination. Sometimes, even if you are already at your destination, things can still not go according to plan. It is within these contexts that we decided to focus our attention in the search for the coolest gifts for someone traveling.
Honestly, this project is rather easy since almost every one of us has already traveled at least once in our lives. We had to reflect on our experiences and considered what we could have done better or if there was anything we could have had to make our travels a lot more convenient, comfortable, and truly enjoyable. That’s when ideas kept pouring in from the rest of the team. There were ideas that focused on safety while others were more on sleep and rest. Still, gadgets remained a very common theme as travelers simply cannot live without their gadgets and gizmos nowadays. Organizers and carrying or storage systems were also a big hit since we’re technically carrying a small portion of our home during these travels.
In each of these product types that we were able to shortlist, we carefully determined a specific product that can represent the type as our choice of best travel gifts. We noted the feedbacks and comments of customers and compared these with the item’s current satisfaction score. We also related the item’s overall performance in the market with the reputation or credibility of the company that created it. The safety profile of the product together with its design integrity and the choice of materials used in its manufacture were then factored into the evaluation scheme. This gave us a general idea as to the “coolness” and “amazingness” of these items as excellent choices of gifts for people who travel.
Tips to Ensuring Safety While Traveling
While traveling today has been made super easy because of the easing of travel restrictions plus advances in airplane travel, it still is a must for every traveler to be cautious especially if he or she is going to a place that’s not really known for excellent hospitality. It is thus, critical to be mindful of important safety tips for travelers as these can help you make the most of your trip. Here are some of the more important travel safety tips to observe.
- Plan your trip carefully. Learn about the place you’re going to visit. Pay close attention to known “hot spots” and steer clear of these.
- Keep all of the details of your travel plans to yourself. This includes your itinerary, your accommodations, transportation arrangements, and even travel documents. Never trust anyone outside your immediate family circle.
- Make sure to obtain the contact details of your embassy in the country you’re going to visit. While you’re at it, try to obtain as much information as you can about travel advisories related to that country.
- If you are going to be a tourist, don’t try to stand out as you’ll be naturally attracting a lot of attention. That said, refrain from wearing anything that glitters. Jewelries are best kept at the hotel vault. A much better solution is to not bring any at all.
- Be prepared with travelers’ checks instead of cash. If you don’t like checks, you can bring your credit card but make sure to never let them leave out of your sight. It’s also a good idea to invest in a wallet that has RFID protection.
- If there are civil disturbances, don’t be a paparazzi or a very nosy nobody. Go back to your hotel room and wait until the disturbance has subsided.
The Bottom Line
More and more people are traveling nowadays. With increased travels come greater challenges. Our 20 cool gifts for people who travel in 2017 should provide you with all the important things you’ll need to make your trips more pleasant, more comfortable, safer, and more convenient.