The great outdoors provide a vast array of opportunities for individuals to explore. From rare species of plants that bloom to reclusive creatures never before seen mating with the opposite sex, the wilderness can be Mother Nature’s most exciting, most fascinating classroom ever. People who explore the great outdoors often do it in a variety of ways. Some would go kayaking or canoeing to explore river ecosystems while others would prefer hang gliding to soar up in the heavens. Others perform coasteering as well as rock climbing. Some go mountain biking as well as ATV riding. But there is one very common outdoor activity that almost everyone has experienced at least once in their lifetime: hiking. The simple act of walking through dense jungles, over unchartered terrain, and on paths never before trodden can be a great adventure in itself. That’s why we salute our hiker friends for such an adventurous spirit. If you’ve got a friend who loves hiking, show him or her your appreciation with our 15 awesome gifts for hikers in 2017. They will definitely endear you more to them.
15 Awesome Gifts for Hikers in 2017
- Black Pro Basic Common Outdoor Sports Kit for GoPro Hero 5
- ZOMAKE Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack Water Resistant Hiking
- Nomader BPA Free Collapsible Sports Water Bottle
- GOLDEN EAGLE Double Camping Parachute Silk Portable Hammock
- MERIWOOL 3 Pack Merino Wool Crew Socks
- A2S Paracord Bracelet K2-Peak – Survival Gear Kit
- GABOSS 17oz Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Sunyear Innovative Foldable Camp Chair
- Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
- BAFX Products
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- LE Headlamp LED
- Go Girl Female Urination Device
- I Go First Aid Kit
- Solar Charger
How We Chose the Awesome and Best Gifts for Hikers in Our List
Hikers are just like any other athletes or fitness-minded individuals. They are determined in achieving their goals. However, there is an inherent difference between hikers and athletes. Whereas athletes are defined by specific goals, most hikers will have a goal but the manner in which it can be achieved can greatly vary from one person to the next. Nevertheless, choosing the really awesome and best gifts for hikers can take on a more lighthearted approach. As long as the product is able to provide some comfort and convenience to the life and adventures of a hiker, we’d definitely consider it for inclusion in this list.
Of particular importance is the utility of the product. We had to keep in mind that hikers walk many miles just to reach their destination. And a lot of things can happen in the way. So we placed ourselves in the shoes of these outdoor adventurers and thought of the different things that we will need along the way. Things like footwear, hydration, UV and element protection, illumination, and even accommodation were considered. That’s when we decided to look at the individual scores of these products especially those that pertain to their value as a consumer product. We did not rely only on these rating systems, however. We also took time reading most of the comments of consumers about the product, most especially the negative ones. This was critical as it gave us an idea of the overall usefulness of the product. This gave us the confidence that the hiking gifts for him and her we’ve shared with you are guaranteed to be loved by the very persons you’re going to give these to.
Ensuring Safety in Hiking Trips
More and more people are hiking for fitness or as a more economical way to explore the many wonderful scenery afforded by a particular location such as national parks like the Grand Canyon or the Yellowstone. Sadly, if you are not careful, this seemingly safe and easy activity can turn deadly in an instant. That’s why experts recommend knowing everything you need to stay safe on hiking trails. Here are some hiking tips, hiking smart by ensuring safety in these trips.
- Always plan your hiking trip. If you have to get a guide, better. Study the trail. Get a map.
- Always wear the correct gear including weather protection. Don’t forget your first aid kit as well as any emergency medications that you may have.
- Protect your feet by wearing the most appropriate socks and thick-soled shoes. Make sure they don’t constrict your feet though.
- Know thy self. Don’t be a superhero. Don’t attempt to hike 5 to 6 kilometers per hour as this will be draining on you. If you’re heading on a steep trail, try to adjust your rate of hike for every 300 meters of elevation that you have gained.
- Always carry drinking water with you. Unless you have the LifeStraw system, don’t ever trust water from streams, lakes, or even rivers.
- Don’t forget to inform your family members or even your friends that you’ll be out hiking for a few days. This way they will have an idea when you’ll be returning so they can alert the authorities in case you don’t show up on the day of your expected return.
The Bottom Line
Hiking is a fun outdoor activity that’s made even more enriching by the country’s many natural parks and wildlife sanctuaries. However, because there are inherent dangers and concerns in hiking in the great outdoors, you’ll feel more confident when you have any or all of our 15 awesome gifts for hikers in 2017. You won’t regret it.